NEW CALL LAUNCHED!
Announcement of the
DIES-INTERNATIONAL DEANS’ COURSE LATIN AMERICA 2020/2021
Deadline for application submissions: April, 15th 2020
- Participants hold preferentially the position of a Dean or Vice-Dean and are ideally working not longer than 2-3 years in this position. Applicants who hold other positions, such as Vice-President of Head of Department, should describe their area of responsibility. Applicants from administrative units are not eligible;
- Participants are aged preferably between 30 and 50 years;
- Active and excellent English and Spanish language skills (speaking and writing) are indispensable;
- Being a DAAD alumnus will be considered an asset, but is not compulsory;
- International experience is considered a plus;
- Participants from universities of the following countries are eligible to apply: Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay and Peru.
The application includes:
- Letter of motivation (1-2 pages maximum);
- Organizational chart of the university (showing the section where the candidates are working in);
- Letter of recommendation from university top management including confirmation of tuition fee coverage;
- Proof of excellent English proficiency (e.g. TOEFL; Cambridge Certificate) is not necessary but will be a voluntary asset. Phone interviews will be organised with shortlisted candidates to guarantee the requested proficiency. Spanish proficiency will be also required for Belize.
Deadline for application submissions: April,15th 2020
The Selection Committee composed of high-profile Higher Education Management experts and staff of DAAD and HRK meets in May 2020.
All applicants will be informed about the result of the selection process in June 2020.
International Deans’ Course Latin America
Tel. +34 965 909718 (University of Alicante)
Tel. +49 681302-71121 (Saarland University)