DIES - INTERNATIONAL DEANS' COURSE
LATIN AMERICA 2013/14
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), the German Rectors’ Conference (HRK), the Universities of Saarland (Germany) and Alicante (Spain), in cooperation with the Alexander-von-Humboldt Foundation (AvH), are jointly organizing the DIES-International Deans’ Course for Latin America.
The key objective of the course is to bring together a group of about 30 newly elected Deans and Vice-Deans from Universities in Mexico, Guatemala, Belize, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Dominican Republic, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia and Chile in order to enable the participants to tackle the challenges of holding a deans’ position.
Application and Selection Procedure
Please read this information carefully before you start your application.
The on-line application form has 5 sections. The information required in every section is mandatory, so you have to fill in completely every section to continue to the next page. Therefore, you will be able to submit the form only if you have introduced all the required information. We strongly recommend you to gather all the required data before starting the application procedure.
Sections of the application form:
- Contact details: Including personal information;
- Education, work experience, and personal skills: Including details on degrees, dates and tasks;
- Experience in similar actions: Scholarships, participation in similar programmes, training and memberships;
- Letter of Motivation: Explaining your interest in the course, the benefits for your career, and a detailed description of your faculty;
- Supporting documents: Organisational chart, Letter of recommendation from University top Management, and Proof of English Proficiency.
International Deans’ Course Latin America
Tel. +34 965 909718 (University of Alicante)
Tel. +49 681302-71121 (Saarland University)
University of Alicante
International Project Management Office
Tel.: (+34) 965 909718
Tel.: (+49) 681 302 71121